The Orléans Economics Laboratory (LÉO) is a research unit of the University of Orléans created on January 1, 1996 following the merger of the Orleans Institute of Finance (created in 1974) and the Center for Research on Employment and Production (created in 1984). Initially located in Orléans, the LÉO is the only economics laboratory in the Centre-Val de Loire region.
Since January 2013, it has welcomed, in addition to its Orléans colleagues, teacher-researchers in economics from the François Rabelais University of Tours (UFRT), and since February 2022, it has welcomed teacher-researchers in economics from the Clermont Auvergne University.
LEO is directed by Christophe HURLIN (director) and Alexis DIRER (deputy director)
The laboratory includes :
(University professors and Lecturers)
including 5 co-supervisors
Structuring and scientific themes of the unit.
The research activities of LÉO combine theoretical developments and empirical applications. They are structured thematically around the three teams of the laboratory whose main research themes are the following
Macroeconomics and Finance Team (MF)
- Delegation of asset management / Household financial choices / Banking sector and financial stability / Microfinance.
- Heterogeneity of economic and monetary unions / Institutions, macroeconomic policies and growth / Political Economy of Central Banking.
- Financial Econometrics
- Panel Data Econometrics.
- Reproducible research.
International Economics and Sustainable Development Team (EI2D)
- Migrations / Trade in goods and services and international investment / Open macroeconomics and transmission of shocks / Globalization and Institutions.
- Sustainable development / Environment / Sustainable development and globalisation.
Research at LÉO is structured around 6 major research projects that aim to address new issues related to a changing economic context:
- Prudential policy and financial risks
- Behavioral Finance
- Public expenditure and debt
- Mutation of globalization
- Economy of natural resources
- Financial Econometrics and Machine Learning
Laboratory activity reports
Activity Report 2021
Activity Report 2019
Activity Report 2017
Quadrennial contract 2012-2015
Quadrennial contract 2008-2011